Complaint / review text:
With regards the below review, we are always happy to hold our hands up and admit it when we don't get things right. The initial cap sent was indeed incorrect and the correct one was duly dispatched, the boots did take a long time to manufacture and when the customer asked for a refund this was immediately processed (a thank you email was duly received from the customer). However, there are a number of issues and serious inaccuracies in the review.
1. The amount refunded was in fact £94, not $96, as we are a British company we deal in GBP not USD. £94 was the price the customer paid for the boots and thus was the sum refunded. This figure was explained to the customer, who accepted this.
2. The customer implies that we refunded the payment on the proviso that the initial, incorrect, cap was returned, this was not the case, the refund was processed immediately with no quibble. The customer also implies that we did not give them chance to return the cap before charging, again, this is not the case, the customer was emailed 3 times over a period of one month asking for the return of the cap, neither the cap nor any acknowledgement of any email was received, leaving us little choice but to charge for the cap.
3. With regards the timing of the charge, this is out of our hands and down to bank or credit card processing times, no company has direct access to an individuals account, all transactions take 24 to 48 hours, we assume the early morning transaction time was due to the time difference between the UK and US.
4. With regards theft or fraud, if the customer felt this was the situation then it would have been advisable to contact their bank or credit card company, they would have placed a chargeback on the transaction, flagging it as not authorised and returning the money to the customer. As the customer failed to do this we can only assume that they felt that there was not an issue and that the cap had to be paid for.
5. With regards the quality of our items, the customer received an initial (incorrect) cap from us, then a second, correct, cap, at no point did the customer state they were unhappy with the quality, in fact they went on to place a second order. If the initial items received were of a poor standard it would seem ill advised to place a second order for more goods.
So, to recap, we apologise to the customer for the incorrect cap and long delay for the (refunded) boots, but feel we have acted in an appropriate manner throughout and should the customer wish to contact us regarding the charge then we will be more than happy to discuss