Complaint / review text:
My luggage was lost in paris for 1 month. I could not get a reply to my emails for weeks concerning the loss of my luggage. I emailed constantly and called and was ignored. When i did talk to someone, i was told i would be reimbursed for expenditures. I claimed a very low amount, about $270, and submitted the receipts and forms properly. I flew in february and it took until july for me to receive a check. The biggest insult was, about 2 weeks after depositing the check, they stopped payment on the check and threw my bank account into turmoil!
Now, big surprise, i can't get anyone on the phone. I've been transferred from one person to the next. A supervisor of international reservations told me that he can't help me nor is able to connect me to someone who can.
Other problems included:
1. Broken plane
2. Desk agents improperly re-booking my connections when original flights were cancelled
3. Not having a record of my luggage. I had 2 receipts they had 1 in their system.
4. Wheel chair assistance was spotty. Flight attendants would make sure I was helped but a desk agent forgot that I was there and after an hour of sitting with my luggage on my lap I flagged a random person to help me so I wouldn't miss my flight.
5. On my return flight they had no record of my payment for the flight. They said I just reserved a seat but had a paper ticket that I needed to pay for. I had purchased my ticket on-line and luckily had my receipts in hand!
6. A month after i received my luggage they contacted me to let me know that they were still searching for it and that if i could give them a better description of it they might be able to narrow it down.
At least the Contact Help Website allowed me to avoid being sent through endless prompting. That was a big help!