» » Tate Publishing | 885035

Complaint / review / scam report
Tate Publishing
It's important to review the facts. Approx. 1 million b...

Complaint / review text:
It's important to review the facts. Approx. 1 million books are published annually. 90% of all books sell less than 50 copies! Tate Publishing Co. Chooses only 3% of author submissions it receives. If Tate chooses your book, then you're in the top 3%! But unfortunately that is not enough to guarantee success. Tate did an excellent job copy editing my book. They spent a lot of time on my book, and at half the regular price, I got a great deal from them. But the stark reality is writing your book is 1% of the work. The remaining 99% is marketing.

Now if you are famous, like Stephen King, then you're going to have a personal publicist with all of the connections. Remember, it's not what you know, but who you know. If you've got the connections with the big wigs in New York and Los Angeles, then life is going to be a lot easier for you. But for the rest of us, well, it's a difficult uphill battle. Now if you've got a lot of money, then perhaps you can level out the playing field.

The major problem with Tate Publishing Co., in my opinion, is that they're 10 years behind the times when it comes to marketing. First of all, Amazon and Barnes & Noble easily undercut Tate's book prices. Tate doesn't even come close to being competitive with these book merchants. Another problem, there is absolutely no way to track sales. With CreateSpace, you can have as many unique Promo Codes as you want. Every newspaper ad can have its own Promo Code. Tracking sales is a breeze. Also, with CreateSpace, you get royalty payments every month. With Tate, it's once per quarter. Tate only gives you a 40% royalty if someone buys from Tate's website. But why would anyone buy at Tate's website when they can get the same book 20% less at Amazon or Barnes & Noble?

On the other hand, at CreateSpace, you get a 55% royalty. If you decide to advertise with Tate Publishing, you pay 100% of the advertising costs, even though Tate makes a lot of money from the sales. It kind of seems a little unfair, doesn't it? Well, I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that Tate Publishing Company is seriously deficient in the marketing sector - the most important area for sales. Tate needs to address these serious deficiencies quickly, otherwise they may go the way dinosaurs went - extinct (Just my candid opinion folks).

Contact information:
Author: Contact with Author


Offender: Tate Publishing

Country: USA
Site: www.tatepublishing.com

Category: Miscellaneous

comments

Information
Members, of group Guest, can not leave comments on this publication.
Please register on our website, it will take a few seconds.