Complaint / review text:
1. I sent a message in July 2014 via the online banking system, requesting that the bank account be closed.
2. After no response, I sent another message via online banking some weeks later.
3. I then contacted the branch telephonically, which we'll call Try 1.
4. Try 1 was unsuccessful as they have a monstrous call management system which, after I selected to go to the Tellers, rang out.
5. Now, for Try 2. I phoned again, and then chose Relationship Managers (option 5) on their monstrous call management system. I got through to someone, who then said they'll put me through to the business manager. And it rang out again.
I'm just going to leave the account as is. I've tried to go about closing the account, having asked the relevant folks, but their complete lack of response is so normal in my dealings with FNB. They can have the R7 odd in the account, and when the bank charges start accumulating, then whose fault is that FNB?