Complaint / review text:
I own an architectural services company. We paid a good amount of money to get leads, but none of them fell through. Thumbtack never refunded us for the money we spent. I called thumbtack and they "assured" me that their company is legitimate - I think they are, but they have a proven system to lure businesses. I. E. I've only experienced getting Request for Proposals (RFPs) every 5 minutes with Thumbtack - no other website or marketing company does this. If it's too good to be true, then its a scam.
Here's how they do it:
- Thumbtack has a generated list of fake RFPs
- Thumbtack spams your business email with a ridiculous amount of RFPs
- You pay every time for each proposal you send out
- You get no responses from any proposal you send.
- Thumbtack makes a load of money!