Complaint / review text:
Bonita's Medical aid sent income verification & advised on deadline in December. My Documents were submitted on time but Medscheme admin neglected to update so I was billed incorrectly (highest tariff) & only noticed recently as I reviewed my bank statements.
Naturally I was alarmed & upset &when I called they confirmed their error and out right admitted that they owed me about R2600!
It has been a painful struggle to get a refund as all call-centre agents make up their own turn around time which varies every other day as well.
In a nutshell...
- its been a week since my complaint & I have not yet been refunded despite several promises.
- I have not been called back with an apology despite being promised so.
- I have NOT been called back with confirmation of resolution as promised by supervisors.
- Rarely EVER experience this level of incompetence & poor customer service.
- There is little for customer priority or courtesy.
I spend close to R9000 a month on Bonita's medical aid (Paying for myself, dad & sister as I am financially responsible for them) so generally money is tight and this is most inconvenient & disheartening so will be leaving the scheme ASAP.