Complaint / review text:
I will give you the bullet point version of what happened.
- Ordered internet service, was told it would be installed the next day so I took off work in order to stay home.
- Called AT&T and was told that it was never scheduled and the earliest time it could be installed was in two weeks.
-Waited two weeks. Still no installation. (Mind you, I installed the router/modem myself. The "installation" I am referring to is them coming to turn on a switch outside to allow the service to come through the wall)
- AT&T again missed installation date, called back and was told I would have to wait two weeks for installation.
- Told them I wanted to cancel, took care of everything and was told it was all set.
- Went to send back router/modem which was a terribly complicated process for some reason and had to call 3-4 different times to get that set up.
- Got a bill saying I owe AT&T $200 for installation and modem and internet service for two months.
-Call back and get placed on hold for hours.
-Rep says it is taken care of, but I am skeptical as every rep I have talked to has said that and I have always had another headache ahead.
Overall time spent on phone with AT&T: 35-40 hours
Time spent using AT&T services: 0 hours
Will never buy any product from this company again. Truly awful experience that seems to never end.