Complaint / review text:
1) Sunday-Quick Coffee—a peek over the shoulder of the the customer in front of me —Big Page Ad - Macys - Clinique - Free Bonus Gift!!! (with purchase 21.50)
2) Wednesday—Hump Day with an avalanche of emails and phone calls to follow up on. What the heck—I will take that rare lunch break and drive to the dreaded Galleria and head over to the Macy's Clinique counter!!! Like a song you can't get out of your mind, I couldn't forget about the free Clinque Bonus gift.
Unfortunately, they no longer carried the item I wanted, but the new and improved replacement was available. But oh so sad, the tint was all wrong.
Well I was left hanging with cotton balls and tissue and cosmetic foundation all over my hands. I asked for more tissue, the sales person shook her head back and forth pitifully and said we don't have any more tissues— She then pretty much floated off to help other customers and disappeared. I hunted down some kleenex at a competitor counter and then made back to Clinique. I finally made eye contact with the sales lady again — Her consultation was —well—if its the free gift you're trying to get go ahead and get the item (wrong tint). You can exchange it for the right tint when its available.
3) Wednesday - after work —Friend said she needed to go to a mall. It was 35 miles away, but there was still hope—there was a Macy's where I could hopefully exchange the wrong tint I had for the right one.
4) 35 miles later, I arrived at the Macy's - Woodlands and met my friend and her son. We approached the Macy's Clinique counter —NO CUSTOMERS except ourselves. I briefly described to her that I in the course of the day, I had purchased the foundation at the Galleria 35 miles away, and I wanted to exchange it for the right tint. She said they didn't have it. She kept starring back at me. I prodded her... Well you think you could call another store? She said I only have the number for two of the other stores. My friend suggested— well—do you think you could call those stores for us? She looked back at us, (I think the idea of making a call for the customer was above and beyond the call of duty and certainly not within her job description). Her helpful sales colleague, looked over at her and suggested, just run a printout of the other stores inventory for the item. The Clinique lady punched a button— and handed me the 12 inch printout of the other store's phone numbers and their inventory. Here you go—you can call them yourself!!!
5) Evidently, I was being dismissed. I stepped back, away from the counter, to study the foot long printout I was given.
I paused and reflected—
At the beginning of the week, I was passing the word around my friends that it was Bonus Time from Clnique—Buy 21.50 and you get a free gift!
At the end of the week, I wanted to boycott them,