Complaint / review text:
I bought a Panasonic Microwave oven and 3 months after purchase and when in use, it made an explosive sound and tripped all the fuses on our fuse box leaving us with no power. The light in the microwave blew and the turntable stopped working and there were scorch marks inside the microwave. The retailer called Panasonic's customer service centre and were advised that I would have to take it to one of their repair centres for assessment. Even though the fault was dangerous - remember it blew all the fuses in the fuse box and scorched the interior of the microwave, Panasonic were unconcerned. My question is, why the hell should I have to take it to a repair centre? It's their problem, not mine - I'm the customer and they've sold me faulty goods. Nothing else in our house as ever caused all the fuses to blow! Panasonic is typical of a large company trying to minimise any financial risks in the business and they couldn't care less about customers. We will not be buying any Panasonic goods in the future and I strongly encourage other intending consumers to do the same. Panasonic senior management need review their current policies otherwise there will be more of these reviews that expose them and their actions.