Complaint / review text:
My husband was grilling chicken on our propane barbecue grill. We were away from the grill, making other preparations for dinner for around 5 minutes or so. My husband went out to the deck where the grill is located, of course, and found the grill in flames. He immediately grabbed a fire extinguisher and it did help a bit, but even after a second (small sized) extinguisher, the fire was still burning out of control. Such that flaming pieces of the grill were flying onto the deck causing burn spots and the heat or an ember shattered our glass top deck tabletop.
My husband nearly broke his toe trying to get this fire under control. Thank goodness the propane tank didn't explode! After some investigation, I found that other models of this grill have been recalled because of similar fire hazards. My husband said that the parts of the grill which started the fire are made of magnesium and that is why the extinguishers were not as effective as they would be otherwise. He ended up using the garden hose to douse the fire before it got worse. It was extremely terrifying and this grill obviously needs to be added to their recall list.
There were some burn spots on the seating part of the deck, glass top patio table is destroyed, and the grill is destroyed. My husband’s toe is bruised and painful. We don't know yet the extent of the damage to the deck without further inspection.