Complaint / review / scam report
I went in just over five months ago to get a 73" TV and...

Complaint / review text:
I went in just over five months ago to get a 73" TV and I got a used one. A week later, we got an ad in the mail that had the same exact one that I had for the same price per week. I then went into the store and told them. They told me that I could exchange the one I had for a new one. I said okay and they put in an order for me. A month later, I still had no new TV so I went back to the store and they said that they didn't have one, that they had to order one. I told them that that was the same thing they told me before. I just shrugged it off and told them to order it.

In November, I went back to the store and asked about my TV. They told me that they didn't have any in. I asked to speak with someone in charge of the store. That is when I spoke with the store manager and he assured me that he placed the order for me and to check back in a couple of weeks. My husband went in and asked and they told him that they would call us when they did have one.

I went in on 3 Jan 11 to give a payment and I told them that that would be the last payment I was making. I told them that I was tired of paying and constantly asking about the TV so I asked if they want to make an appointment with me for next Monday so they could pick up the TV set. They asked why. I told them that I was tired of their and they said to me, "Oh, we have one in right now, how about we deliver this one out to you tomorrow?" I said fine.

I waited all day Tuesday. I even called them a few times to see where they were. I was told that they would be here before six. I called them back and told them that my son-in-law was leaving and that nobody would be here to help them. I was told that they did not need help. I said okay. At 6:30 there was still no TV. Finally, at 6:35, the delivery guy calls me and says that he is on his way. I said, "Cool." He then asked me if anyone here could help them with the TV. I told him no and that I was told that they did not need help. He then told me that they could not bring the TV until tomorrow. Oh, was I mad. I said fine. Then, he assured me that I would be the first delivery on his roster for the next morning (Wednesday). I said okay.

I called my doctor's office the next morning and canceled my appointment for late in the evening. They said okay and my new visit was at 4:15. I said okay. I waited for them to deliver the TV like they had said. Guess what? No TV. I called them just before 3:00. I called them again and they told me that they were on their way. An hour passed but there was still no TV. My husband had to go to work and I had to call and cancel my doctor's appointment again.

After I was off the phone with my doctor, I then called the store again. This time, I am really mad like you would not believe. I was told that they would be here within an hour. It is now 5:00 and still no TV. I do not think anyone should go through this kind of. I have been a customer of Rent-A-Center for over six years and this is the first time I have had so much trouble with them.

Contact information:
Author: Contact with Author

Offender: Rent-A-Cente

Country: USA

Category: Real Estate


Members, of group Guest, can not leave comments on this publication.
Please register on our website, it will take a few seconds.