Complaint / review text:
I purchased one of Hunter's remote control fan units in 2006 and had it installed in my new home. From the start the electrician nor myself (being an electrical engineer) couldn't get the light to work with the remote. So instead of taking it back I had the electrician to wire the light straight to the wall switch. The fan part worked fine with the remote and the light worked as long as we used the wall switch.
One day about 6 months ago I switched on the light and sparks came from one of the bulbs. Smoke was everywhere and the socket for the bulb was damaged. I put wire nuts on the exposed wires and figured when I had time I would replace it. Yesterday morning my wife calls me at work to tell me the light was shooting out sparks when she turned it on from the wall switch. I left work and replaced the fan (with a Hampton Bay fan) before it burnt my house down. As others have mentioned, I also noticed the fan speed had began to slow down over time. I plan to contact Hunter regarding the matter being that the fan became a fire hazard. Although I'm not expecting much judging from the responses others have received from Hunter.