Complaint / review text:
Do NOT use home depot to buy anything that needs to be delivered and/or installed. I ordered an exterior door on 6/29. It took a week and a half to get a measurement at my residence completed. It then took a week beyond that to have home depot call me to complete my order. Took another week and a half to get the exterior door delivered to Home Depot.
Took another week to schedule for the white trash installer to come out to install the door. I take the day off of work, and the installer arrives with the door thrown into a back of a pickup truck. The door was scuffed and I know it was this piece of hill billy trash that did it. Then he says, "Oh, it's missing a part. Sorry can't install it today". So he leaves. I am super pissed off at this point, and just decided to accept the door with the scuff and the missing part and just wait longer to have it installed. And to not use home depot any longer.
After waiting 2 weeks, the part finally is delivered and the "R&D" installation services schedules for installation a week a half later. The installation date arrives, the white trash installer calls me that morning to say "his back hurts" and he can't do it.
So, after paying $1300 for the cheap door and cheap installation service, here I am almost September with a door sitting in my garage uninstalled. I started this process in late June.
Do not use Home Depot for door installation. Everything is 3rd party. Everyone from Home Depot, door manufacturer, and door installation services have absolutely no backup plan for anything. Everyone in the process are low paid laborers that can give a about anything. Basically you will just be dealing with unreliable white trash. That's exactly what they are.
1. If a part is missing, Home Depot should have inspected the door upon arrival and caught that right away.
2. If a part is missing and needs to be ordered, the part should be delivered overnight. Not standard shipped to be delivered 2 weeks later.
3. The installer service should be able to anticipate delivery of parts and schedule installation ahead of time before a part arrives. They don't. They just wait for it to be delivered and then wait several days before schedule anything.
4. If one of the truck driving goatee wearing ADD dyslexic hill billy white trash high school dropout installers cancels an installation, the installation service should already have a backup plan in place. BEFORE even going into business, they should already have plans in place for this these types of scenarios. It's freaking common sense!!!
5. Lastly, as soon as anything goes wrong such as a canceled installation or missing parts, the "expediter" at home depot should immediately work for their customer to credit them a discount on the delayed installation and/or give store credit, or even a full refund.
The "expediter" I had did NOTHING. They do not care at all or they are too understand the phrase "CUSTOMER SERVICE". I'm still not done with these people. I am going to get either a full refund or get a big discount.
Do not use Home Depot to have anything installed. You could very easily pay $ for something that either takes months beyond what was planned for, or pay for something doesn't happen at all. Then it's up to you to have to go down to Home Depot to raise about it. Otherwise, no one pays attention to the crappy service you are receiving.