Complaint / review text:
I also had candles go up in flames. I was having a Pampered Chef party and was using all my PartyLite candles when three pillars in sleeves decided to start a small fire. Thank goodness I was within eye sight of the flames. I am still cleaning wax off my walls and floor. The consultant said that there must have been a window or door open. The candles were not close enough to any door or window to create a draft. This is not the first time I had problems with the pillars. I have sconces in my dining room in which I have the small pillars and the wax overflowed onto the backside of the candle and created a crevice down the back, which allowed wax to drip down the wall onto my buffet and floor without being noticed until the end of the evening. I don't know if the product has been altered in any way, but it seems to have more and more problems as the years ago by. The only positive thing I can say is they sent me a gift certificate, but it was only for $50.00. It cost me a lot more than $50.00 to replace all the problem candles.
The only issue I have is the consultants. My neighbors and I have many parties and have not been able to find a reputable consultant. We have tried two and they both seem to have the same issues. They are not showing up for parties and they call at the last minute; we would have a booked party. There’s a lack of communication with hosts and guests. We will not be hosting any more parties. We can just go to Yankee Candle and spend our money there.