Complaint / review text:
My husband was using our Sunbeam heating pad last night. It is supposed to shut off after a period of time. I smelled something funky and went into the bedroom. I asked him if he smelled something when he jumped off the bed and we found that the heating pad burned his back, you could actually see the imprint from the coils on his back. Not only this, but it blackened my bedspread (which was my mother's and I've had it on my bed since she passed away because it makes me feel closer to her). It also burned through the flannel sheet, the mattress pad and into my Sleep Number bed. Thank God it didn't start a fire. I was going to contact Sunbeam with the pictures I took, but it seems that I may have to contact a lawyer instead. How can they keep making these defective products? Anyone think of getting a class action lawsuit? I might just start one!