Complaint / review text:
All I can really say here with absolute certainty is that I now know that it's not just me! I have used this product for the past six or seven years, and have never had a problem. I did do the skin test the first time with no issues. I had stopped using the product for about a year, so when I started use again, I did the test again, and still had no problems. I have been using the product about every two and a half weeks consistently since 2007, and until about November of 2012, I had no problems, but then began to notice skin irritation after use. Around January, I noticed that the consistency of the product was a bit different when I mixed it up. The packaging was slightly different as well. I also noticed that the caps on the tubes were very hard to remove. The big surprise was the redness, burning, and itching after use. I also had an issue with my whole face swelling up! I had a fairly long beard length which made it difficult to see just how much swelling and skin irritation was going on.
Like many men on here, I just assumed that I had left the product on too long, since I have been using for so many times with no issues. I waited about three weeks for my skin to calm down (or so I thought) and used it again. For anyone wondering why I and others would do this, we need a product for grey beard hair! I know getting old is a fact of life, but we just feel better about our appearance without grey hair, and just want to be able to keep the appearance that gives us confidence! This time, I trimmed my beard to a much shorter length, and then used the product again. The thought was that with shorter beard length, I could use less product, and avoid more problems. This time, I am very red; my skin is burning and itching, and my whole face is swollen really bad! I used the product on a Saturday morning. I was up all Saturday night (!) in pain.
I spent Sunday icing my face! I went into town Sunday and bought some Benadryl lotion for my face (My chin line is gone! My neck and face are all just one big blob! When I move my head from side to side, I have this big hanging turkey neck flopping around... It's like the skin tension, or muscle tension in my neck has all let go!). I am also taking water pills to see if this will help with the swelling in my face. Now it's Monday A.M., and I just called in sick at my job! I can't leave the house like this! Today, I will stop the Benadryl lotion, and take an antihistamine pill, and wait and hope for relief! I will have to go into work tomorrow regardless!
What the hell has JFM done with this product?! This is not an allergic reaction that has developed! Something has been changed with this product! I will never use it again, but this is not good enough! These victims on here as well as myself deserve better than this for our faithful consumption of this product! Something is wrong, and JFM knows this! If they do not have enough consideration for the pain and suffering that we have all been subjected to, then someone needs to force them to take this product off store shelves now! They should already have done this. Do they need a lawsuit to do the right thing?!